WHAT MAKES OUR CENTRE SPECIAL?
Camperdown Child Care & Pre-school provides centre-based care; that means we employ trained and experienced staff, we are licensed by the State Government and we are fully accredited ... this means that we have been assessed as being amongst the best child care centres in the country.
At Camperdown Child Care Centre we believe
- Every child, family and staff member is unique and this individuality should be respected and promoted; diversity and inclusion are honoured.
- Families are an integral part of our Centre; they are the greatest advocates for their child and we acknowledge the importance of family input into all aspects of Centre life and the value of developing meaningful partnerships with all families.
- Children should be appreciated as individuals and group members with rights and responsibilities where the development of secure relationships is fundamental.
- All children have the right to reach their full potential by engaging in a curriculum and environment that stimulates, educates and is rich with resources; one that values early childhood, views the child as capable, allows for decision-making and is responsive to those who use it.
- The environment, curriculum and interactions should be organised to support and encourage all aspects of each child's learning, development and well being by supporting and extending their strengths, interests and experiences while assisting them in gaining the skills necessary for life.
- Play is the main medium for learning. It allows children to discover at their own pace by exploring their interests and engaging in concrete experiences relevant to their lives. Educators are available to facilitate and guide each child’s learning journeys.
- The environment should be inviting, safe, comfortable and consistent, nurturing a sense of belonging and ownership.
- Staff wellbeing is fostered in a supportive, professional work environment where respect, teamwork and ongoing professional development are promoted.
- Communuity services and resources should support and enrich our program. The wider community should also be reflected within and invited into our Centre.
We are just 10 minutes from the CBD and convenient to bus stops on Parramatta and Missenden Roads.
Long Day Care
We are a long day care centre. The Centre opens at 7:30 am and closes at 6:00 pm. We are open during school holidays and only closed for public holidays and a Christmas/New Year period of two weeks.
We are community based and managed. This means parents are actively encouraged to become involved in the running of the centre through our management committee and our volunteer program.
The Management Committee is elected each year at the Annual General Meeting. Sub-committees have been formed to assist in the areas of fund raising and maintenance of garden and grounds.
The families who use the centre come from all over the greater Sydney area. They may be living, working or studying in the area. Drawing from such a large field, our centre has a diverse cultural mix yet still offers a sound Australian culture base which creates a positive model for the acquisition of English.
The Educational Pre-School Program
We offer an educational pre-school program which is run by highly qualified and experienced teachers. This includes individual learning programs and written reports as well as formal and informal parent - teacher feedback for all the children in our care.
Our staff are special. All are employed for their love of and empathy with children and babies. Each room has a team leader who has university or TAFE training. They work with experienced staff hand picked for their ability to care, stimulate and nurture children. We also have a very low staff turnover. In addition to our carers we have a full-time director, a full-time cook and a part-time clerical assistant.